Eat For the Abs You Want!
By Handstand Trainer, Brianna
- 1 apple
- Rich in fiber allowing for satiety or that “full feeling”.
- Choose this fruit as your #1 choice.
- 1-2 daily
- Good source of potassium, which will reduce water retention and bloating.
- Without the bloat, abs will pop more nicely.
- 1⁄2 cup -1 cup
- Contains fiber and antioxidants.
- Not only do the antioxidants help prevent cancers, but they are known to improve blood, especially for allowing the muscles to contract and perform the way they need to.
- 1 cup
- Loaded in polyphenols, they actively burn abdominal fat and prevent fat formation.
- Contains catechins such as in green tea.
- The skin contains ursolic acid preventing muscle breakdown.
Red Ruby Grapefruit
- 1 whole grapefruit
- A combo of phytochemicals and vitamin C help reduce belly fat and lower cholesterol.
Berry Green Smoothie
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup frozen blueberries (or strawberries)
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender until smooth.
- Serve in a glass or store in a protein shaker and enjoy!
- Tip: This is a great quick breakfast too.
- (Option: blend in plant-based protein for an extra kick of protein)
P.S. this recipe is soooooo BOMB ! ;)
Check out Brianna's last blog post here!