How To Recover From A Winter Cold Faster - In 10 Quick Tips
How To Recover From A Winter Cold In 10 Quick Tips
There are loads of things, along with below average temps, that can get us running for tissues. Despite your best efforts, you still can feel like you’re “coming down with something.” Some things you can do to help your body recover more quickly are below. Feel free to stick them on your fridge!
Make sure you're also pulling out the easy stops as well, like eating and sleeping on a schedule. Reach for these for support and nip any cold in the bud:
- Eliminate all dairy products.
- Eliminate alcohol.
- Eliminate all grains (bread, rice, pasta, etc.).
- Boost your Vitamin C (with bioflavanoids) intake when you initially feel something coming on.
- Boost your intake of Zinc.
- Increase water consumption (even more than normal!).
- Eat less food if you're not as hungry, as this will give your body a much needed rest from digestion and give it a chance to concentrate on fighting off potential invaders.
- Add herbs like Echinacea, Goldenseal and Grapefruit Seed Extract to your supplemental regime.
- Get more rest than normal. If you normally get 6 hours of sleep a night, try increasing it to 7 or 8.
- Try Essential Oils. Essential Oils are a must-have to protect yourself and help your immune system. There are a variety of essential oils that have been found to be highly effective against airborne bacteria. They also can do a lot to strengthen your body, boost your immune system and help you to overcome colds and flu.