Healthy Holiday Recipes from Handstand
Our Healthy Holiday Recipe Makeover: Gingerbread Cookies!
(Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Gingerbread cookies smell a lot like Christmas and the holiday season. Check out our recipe revamp that makes these delicious cookies vegan, gluten-free, and only 7 ingredients long. Get to cooking - It's a great way to bring the family together and involved in the kitchen.
Makes 30 cookies!
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- ½ cup pure maple syrup (or honey if non-vegan)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 320°F and line two baking trays with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
2. Place the pecans in a food processor and blend until flour forms. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend all together until a sticky dough forms.
3. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured counter to about ¼ inch thick.
4. Cut the dough with a gingerbread-man cutter (or whatever shape you wish) and transfer cutouts to the baking trays.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy for a sweet treat and share with friends and family!